TinyMCE not working in static portlet update

Hello,
I am working on a Plone 4.1 website on Debian 6.6 server with the following configuration:

• Plone 4109
  • CMF 2.2.4
  • Zope 2.13.8
  • Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Dec 27
    2010, 00:02:40) [GCC 4.4.5]
  • PIL unknown
  • Plone 4109
  • TinyMCE 1.2.7
  • jQuery UI 1.8.13.1

Running the instance in standard (non debug) mode:

1) When I first create a static portlet the TinyMCE editor is properly displayed and works fine.

2) As I try to update the content of the portlet the editor toolbar is not displayed and the content is displayed and can be edit only in HTML mode. If I edit and save the text, the HTML source is actually updated (I cans see it by entering the edit mode again) but the displayed portlet contet is not - until I restart the server.

3) After restarting the server, the last saved portlet content is properly rendered,

4) when I try to edit it the TinyMCE toolbar doesn.'t appear and the portlet content can be edited only in HTML, with no immediate update of the rendered portlet content (just as before).

Runing the Plone instance in fg mode:

5) The TinyMCE toolbar is shown and the content can be edited in WYSIWYG mode, but the actual content of the portle is not updated until the next server restart.

Any Idea?

TIA,

Luca

Some further information for those who are interested and can possibly help fixing the issue.

In order to check if it depended on the add-ons configuration and possibly JS libraries order, I tried to create and update the static text portlet on a plain vanilla new Plone site. It is not working, either.

Luca

I fear few people use Plone 4.1.

The facts that changes appears when server restarts seems that issue is someway server side, although others issue you reported seems client side... very confused.

Did you have the issue with all browsers?

As as the issue is only with static test portlet you can try to update it to a more recent version?
Also TinyMCE 1.2.x branch contains come compatibility fix I did for make it work on recent Firefox and Chrome.

Last: are you using a Diazo theme? Sometimes Diazo can do strange things with TinyMCE.

Other portlets updates correctly?

Yes, Luca,
I am using Diazo, but I had the very same problem on a 4.3 site with no Diazo theming, but there I didn't need to update static portlets very often, so I just deleted and re-created them when needed.

I'll try updating the static portlet.

Yes, Yurj, the other portles update correctly.