Seeking input on RelatedItems widget bug for non-site navroots

tl;dr: mockup bug hinders related items widget in subsites (non-site-navroot).

Throwing this mockup bug / issue link over here to see if anyone has any ideas on normalizing and/or providing both site-root and nav-root path, such that non-site rootPath can actually work:

I spent at least a few debugging hours looking at this, but so far have only concluded that the pattern options need to support, and send something new:

• There is no way to infer site path from the page?
  • There is no way to take context path (or basePath) and non-site rootPath and determine what the path to the common site-root is.
  • I sense we need to add a sitePath option, in addition to rootPath and basePath.
  • This is complicated by accidental lack of support for (computed) navigation root now in plone.app.widgets.utils.get_relateditems_options (used to work, does not now, requires integrator subclass the widget to do more work).

The consequence of all these things: there is currently no apparent way to jail related items inside a subsite.

I would like to see this fixed before Plone 5.1 release (see also), but want to see if there is any input that should guide any attempt I make to fix it (in plone.app.widgets, mockup, and (possibly) in plone.app.z3cform).

If you have ideas, please feel free to comment here or on the GitHub issue.

Cc: @thet @MrTango

1 Like

See my comment at: https://github.com/plone/mockup/issues/795

1 Like