Sauna.reload with macOS

I'm using sauna.reload with Plone 5.0.8 to reload the code without the boring process of restarting Plone every change I make. The problem is that when I save any python file or zcml I get this:

The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality safely. You MUST exec().
Break on THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTIONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC() to debug.
The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality safely. You MUST exec().
Break on THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTIONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC() to debug.
2017-10-13 17:31 python[7625] (FSEvents.framework) FSEventStreamStop: ERROR: f2d_unregister_rpc() => (ipc/send) invalid destination port (268435459)
2017-10-13 17:31 python[7625] (FSEvents.framework) FSEventStreamStop: ERROR: mach_port_deallocate(streamRef->f2d_private_port = 0x2b03) => (os/kern) invalid name (15)
2017-10-13 17:31 python[7625] (FSEvents.framework) FSEventStreamInvalidate: ERROR: mach_port_mod_refs(streamRef->d2f_port = 0x2903, MACH_PORT_RIGHT_RECEIVE, -1) => (os/kern) invalid name (15)

The strangest thing is that all changes made (such as creating / editing a content) are undone as they were when Plone was started.

I'm using macOS 13.10 with python 2.7.13 compiled using buildout.python.
I also have the same installation on Ubuntu 17.04 and everything is working as it should.

Any ideas?

@Rotonen mentioned trying to fix it earlier in this year, but I wonder what eventually happened.

I’m still using this daily on Linux, but unfortunately have no idea how to fix that known macOS issue :frowning:

I gave up trying to side effects fool Foundation into thinking we're playing nice. Don't recall the details at this point anymore, but I'm willing to jump back on this if someone else makes an inroad into it. Start a fork / branch and poke me after having the first insight and you should be able to bring me back up to speed.

For now I just:

alias ifg='while true; do bin/instance fg && echo "" && echo "Sleeping 0.2s" && echo "" && sleep 0.2; done'