Problem Buildout - Wheels are not supported

Hello,

I'm French developer and I try to install LDAP for Plone 5.
I follow the instruction for pas.plugins.ldap but when i try to buildout my new config, i have this error :

Installing instance.
/opt/plone/zinstance/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py:193: RuntimeWarning: You have iterated over the result of pkg_resources.parse_version. This is a legacy behavior which is inconsistent with the new version class introduced in setuptools 8.0. In most cases, conversion to a tuple is unnecessary. For comparison of versions, sort the Version instances directly. If you have another use case requiring the tuple, please file a bug with the setuptools project describing that need.
stacklevel=1,
Getting distribution for 'argparse==1.4.0'.
Using unpack_wheel() shim over the deprecated wheel_to_egg() hook.
Please update your wheel extension implementation for one that installs a .whl
handler in zc.buildout.easy_install.UNPACKERS
While:
Installing instance.
Getting distribution for 'argparse==1.4.0'.
Error: Wheels are not supported

I tried to indicate the versions of setuptools and zc.buildout but nothing makes the mistake always appears.

With you an idea?

Regards,

Updating to zc.buildout 2.10.0 or later should help. (Current latest is 2.11.1.)
From the changelog at zc.buildout · PyPI :

2.10.0 (2017-12-04)
Setuptools 38.2.0 started supporting wheels. Through setuptools, buildout now also supports wheels! You need at least version 38.2.3 to get proper namespace support.
This setuptools change interfered with buildout’s recent support for buildout.wheel, resulting in a sudden “Wheels are not supported” error message (see issue 435). Fixed by making setuptools the default, though you can still use the buildout.wheel if you want.

Alternatively, switch to zc.buildout 2.7.1 or earlier.
Or use a setuptools version older than 38.2.0.

Thank's for you help.

setuptools=38.2.0
zc.buildout=2.7.1

That is my buildout.cfg after pip install zc.buildout & setuptools. But i have this error :

Getting distribution for 'setuptools==38.2.0'.
Using unpack_wheel() shim over the deprecated wheel_to_egg() hook.
Please update your wheel extension implementation for one that installs a .whl
handler in zc.buildout.easy_install.UNPACKERS
While:
Installing.
Loading extensions.
Getting distribution for 'setuptools==38.2.0'.
Error: Wheels are not supported

I need to create a new environnement to try with new version or i just need to install the version and put in the config file ?

The message you see is definitely not from zc.buildout 2.7.1 but from a more recent version. So somehow the versions you set are not getting picked up. Well, when your current bin/buildout script has a wrong combination of setuptools and zc.buildout, then bin/buildout cannot install a different setuptools version either. I think that is the case here.

So a new environment sounds best. Either python2.7 bootstrap.py if you have that file, or bin/pip install -U zc.buildout setuptools, possibly with version pins, if you have a virtualenv.