When I try to follow the instructions at https://docs.ploneintranet.org/installation/quickstart.html#a-docker-based-os-setup to install PloneIntranet using Docker, I get the message:
sh: PROJECT: command not found
c:\Program Files\Docker Toolbox\docker.exe: "run" requires a minimum of 1 argument.
See 'c:\Program Files\Docker Toolbox\docker.exe run --help'.
Usage: docker run [OPTIONS] IMAGE [COMMAND] [ARG...]
Run a command in a new container
When trying to issue the command:
docker run -i -t
-v $(PWD):/app -w /app -u app $(PROJECT)
Can anyone help me with this?
That command is a Makefile command, using the Makefile-defined
$(PROJECT) which typically is
ploneintranet - it should be the same name as the docker image you built with the provided
make docker-build target. Did you build that container?
The provided scripts and environment settings are for Linux, they're not for Windows.
The overall steps are:
- build a Docker image using the ploneintranet supplied
- run that docker image (this gives you a standard Ubuntu container with all dependencies pre-installed for you)
- buildout the ploneintranet install (inside the docker container)
- start all services
- create a site and run the testcontent demo profile using the ZMI
- access the Ploneintranet site you just created
For steps 1 and 2 on Windows, you should probably figure those out by following
https://docs.docker.com/windows/ and using the ploneintranet supplied
For the following steps, use the documented ploneintranet install procedure.
Hope that helps.