Plone5.0.7: 21 files in a folder... only see 20!

Am I going crazy or have I found a bug?

If I put exactly 21 files in a folder and vire the folder I only see 20 items and there is no navigation to go to page 2 to see the remaining item.

If I add an additional file making 22 files in the folder then the navigation link to page 2 apears and I can see the remaining 2 items.

Am I going crazy or is this a bug? A quick search has not yielded a bug report but maybe I'm missing it?

Version Overview

Plone 5.0.7 (5017)
CMF 2.2.10
Zope 2.13.26
Python 2.7.10 (default, Jun 1 2016, 16:02:12) [GCC 4.9.2]
PIL 3.4.2 (Pillow)

Any thoughts welcome!
Alex Owen

Obviously a bug...

-aj

It's a known bug, reported here: https://github.com/plone/plone.batching/issues/9

I recommend opening a new bug in the Products.CMFPlone tracker mentioning the issue above, for better visibility.

No it is not a bug, as it is intended from Usability aspects, that if you have exactly pagination elements + 1, all those p+1 are shown on the last page, which in this context is the first page, count on that page, all elements are there.

1 Like

Hello,
Sorry my initial post was not clear enough.
If there are 20 items I see them all on one page.
If there are 21 items I ONLY SEE 20 on one page and no navigation to page 2.
If there are 22 items I see 20 on page 1 and 2 on page 2.

I understand that it SHOULD work like loechel describes ie: to avoid "orphans" (I think is the term used in typesetting at least). But sadly as rafaelbco says there is a bug in plone.batching.

I think I have isolated the function which needs attention but will need to find time to work on this some more.
I have made a fork on git hub and if I manage to fix this issue a pull request.

Thanks everyone for your input and pointers!
Alex Owen

1 Like