Plone & its future at EuroPython 2017

Thank you, @alert!

Continuing the discussion from EuroPython 2017:

1 Like

Thanks to you all that are helping me a lot with this presentation and thanks to Syslab for funding me!

2 Likes

Hi everybody, I think we had a quite positive feedback from the people we talked to.
The bad thing: Plone was either not known at all by many conference attendees or thought to be an obsolete thing.
The good thing: we had the chance to demo Plone to many people, everybody was wowing :slight_smile:

I thank again all the people that contributed to make the presentation better!

2 Likes

video here: https://youtu.be/wyhAzM6TIrw?t=2h40m37s

2 Likes

Also here you can see the slides:

2 Likes

Thank you, Alessandro, for putting in such a great effort and help make more people aware of Plone!

I wish we had more sponsorship funds to help us do some paid marketing... Anyone interested in helping out, please consider becoming Foundation sponsors at Sponsorship Payments ... it's very easy to set up!

1 Like

I'd love to see sponsorship go towards a similar talk at a drupal or wordpress conference :slight_smile: Python people are largely the wrong audience.

BTW I do realise the reason here is most of us actually prefer going to a python conference that a CMS conference and even sponsored, we are largely volunteering our time to prepare and attend. But the point is still valid. We are more likely to convert almost any other CMS user than a python developer to Plone IMO. Python developers generally build custom apps rather than static content sites.

If you or someone can suggest such a conference we could certainly try, but I'm wondering what we would say to a Drupal or WP audience that would be accepted as a talk.

@tkimnguyen

"why plone is the solution you never knew you needed".

1 Like

"why a zero time deployment CMS can save your business". "how building in the browser is the new way to develop websites". "how to make a CMS that's secure". "Why Plone makes the design to working website workflow cheaper"

1 Like