Plone Foundation Board Minutes January 21, 2021

Plone Foundation Board Minutes January 21, 2021

Meeting called to order at 19:00 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Chrissy Wainwright, William Fennie, Erico Andrei, Paul Roeland, Jens Klein, Andy Leeb, Victor Fernandez de Alba

Absent:

Approval of the minutes of Plone Foundation Board Minutes December 22, 2020

Erico moved to approve, Jens seconded

Unanimously Approved

Action Items

  • x

Incoming Correspondence

  • FOSS - questionnaire to be answered
    • Put into google doc and collaborate on answering it
    • Review answers by Feb 5, 2021

New Business

  • Plone Conf committee
    • Erico, Chrissy, Victor, Kim has been volunteered
    • Philip yes!
    • Ask if Sally is interested
      • Yes!
    • Tasks:
      • Set conference goals
      • Due dates/scheduling/deadlines
      • Executive coordination - marketing
      • Fiscal decisions - e.g ticket sales
      • Sponsorships
    • [Executive Session]
  • Steering Circle meeting
    • Next in about a month, will need to notify community
    • How to submit items/questions

Continued Business

  • x

Review Ongoing

  • GSOC - rumblings about the new format
    • short projects
    • we would have to change our process - can't really justify 2 mentors
    • hard to find short projects in Zope/Plone
      • maybe volto requires less background knowledge to get started
      • Paul will work with Victor and Timo to discuss
  • Marketing Committee report via William
    • News Item tweaks for more intelligent image cropping via plone.app.imagecropping
    • Sally & Norbert Mini-sprint on how to improve plone.org site
      • Board intention to mirror latest release was communicated
    • Roadmap for sprints happening in the coming year, any other major events that the marketing team can, well, market!
      • Python web conf in march
      • Installer, possible for Alpine city sprint, not planned yet due to covid
  • Plone Conf 2020 - all invoices have been paid! Thank you Python Foundation!
    • Financially the 2020 Conf was pretty good - we can use this as a way to determine if we can do the virtual/in-person conf
    • Swag for trainers - sourcing ethically sourced tshirts is ongoing
    • Video upload - maybe we should split amongst the board?
      • Upload script may need modifications depending on the naming scheme employed for the videos
  • Potential security CVE for zope formlib
    • Plone does NOT use this library
    • Since Zope is part of Plone Foundation, we should make this visible/awareness
    • Very legacy
    • Jens will work with the security researcher who contacted him

Paul moved to adjourn, Andy seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 19:53 UTC

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct