Plone Foundation Board Minutes April 23 2020

Meeting called to order at 19:06 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Chrissy Wainwright, Fulvio Casali, Erico Andrei, Paul Roeland, Andy Leeb, Victor Fernandez de Alba, Jens Klein

Absent: N/A

Approval of the minutes of April 09, 2020

Paul moved to approve, Victor seconded

Unanimously Approved

Action Items

  • ITOnBoard

Incoming Correspondence

  • Renewing Sponsorship from Starzel

New Business

  • AI Team request for funds

    • LastPass requires subscription, currently using a personal one from previous AI team member
      • Will ease onboarding of new AI team members
      • Prefer to do a short term month to month if possible until we can get a permanent OSS self hosted solutions
    • Alternatives are being explored, but would require more maintenance overhead, but we'd control it
    • Andy motions for LastPass month to month, Erico seconds - unanimously approved, no abstentions
  • Current Sponsorships

    • Thank You Six Feet Up for hosting dist [dot] plone [dot] org!!

Continued Business

  • Zope Domains
  • GitHub Sponsors Status
    • Paul will continue to work with GitHub to waive fees for the Foundation
  • Plone Conf 2020
    • Color schemes
    • Concern surrounding conference prep
      • Paul spoke to them, if no covid-19 crisis, then it could be a go!
        • Conference organizers have been in touch with municipal and university
      • Should we consider a hybrid conference also?
        • Streaming option, PF can leverage other online streaming conferences for guidance
      • Chrissy will send message to conf organizers with options
  • review ongoing

Review Ongoing

  • Python web and IT community onboarding program: vocational orientation for young people, Jens has submitted paperwork! Will help usher younger folks into Plone. A nice coalition of EU Plone development companies helped to get this done!
  • Plone 6 remote sprint is ongoing - Jens and Victor
    • 9a 5p CST standups
    • https : / / etherpad [dot] inqbus [dot] de/p/plone-6-sprint
    • image scaling is getting some improvements, Volto and more!
    • Possible Zope 5 release
    • Working well! Online sprints are viable
    • Community is continuing work on Zope/Plone, Python 3 adoption was not the end point!
    • Jens will generate a News Item about this

Victor moved to adjourn, Jens seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 19:41 UTC

The Pylons Project uses Keybase for file storage in Teams for securely storing and sharing secrets. No financial cost.

Thats also a great idea, thank you!

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct