Plone.app.event problem while upgrading from 4.3 to 5.1

Hi,

After migrating a 4.3 instance to 5.1.5, I have the following error filling the event.log file :

2019-03-26T14:29:52 ERROR portlets Error while determining renderer availability of portlet ('context' '/intranet' 'events'): maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/plone/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.portlets-2.3-py2.7.egg/plone/portlets/manager.py", line 117, in _lazyLoadPortlets
    isAvailable = renderer.available
  File "/srv/plone/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.app.event-3.2.1-py2.7.egg/plone/app/event/portlets/portlet_events.py", line 141, in available
    return self.data.count > 0 and len(self.events)
  File "/srv/plone/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.app.event-3.2.1-py2.7.egg/plone/app/event/portlets/portlet_events.py", line 154, in events
    if ICollection and ICollection.providedBy(self.search_base):
  File "/srv/plone/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.app.event-3.2.1-py2.7.egg/plone/app/event/portlets/portlet_events.py", line 122, in search_base
    if not self._search_base and self.data.search_base_uid:
  File "/srv/plone/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.app.event-3.2.1-py2.7.egg/plone/app/event/portlets/portlet_events.py", line 106, in _uid
    path = self.search_base
  File "/srv/plone/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.app.event-3.2.1-py2.7.egg/plone/app/event/portlets/portlet_events.py", line 122, in search_base
    if not self._search_base and self.data.search_base_uid:
  File "/srv/plone/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.app.event-3.2.1-py2.7.egg/plone/app/event/portlets/portlet_events.py", line 106, in _uid
    path = self.search_base
  [... snip ...]
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

As far as I know, there should have been no "Event" on this website but I don't know how to check for this.

I tried googling around and checking the plone.app.event bug tracker with no success. I'm trying to find if this is a serious issue or not (while I could not find anything suspect on the site). It it is, how can I fix it, and if it is not, how can I silence it?

Thanks in advance,

phep

Hi,
JFTR in case somebody stumbles upon this, the problem disappeared after I created then deleted an event at the site root.
phep

Oops. I spoke too quickly, the error is still flooding up event.log...

just a quick guess.
the error seems to happen in the event portlet.
try removing the event portlet on your plone root (if your site is named "intranet") or on the "intranet" subfolder.

Thanks Harald,

Actually, I just reset it by clicking on the "home" icon in the "current path", and it seems this did the trick ... up until now :slightly_smiling_face:.

sounds like you moved/rename your plonesite? did its id/path change with your upgrade?

No, I did not change anything. I rsynced a copy of the production var directory unto a freshly deployed 5.1.5, started the zeocluster with plonectl, went to zope root and clicked "Upgrade" as I've done for ages.