Plone Addon Listing design discussion

@djay we do have something like a call home script and evaluation functionallity in the third part of the project. If we get those data then we might could integrate that. For now @pavithirakc should focus to get project started and a working prototype we could use.

We will talk about taht at the PloneConf and see what it will be and how to continue. Hope to see you there.

Obviously reorder how you and your student feels is right but I do agree with @zopyx that a gallery predicated on downloads is not meaningful and one predicated on recommendations is unlikely to able to be maintained. So the risk with this project is how to have a listing that provides value long term and doesnt become quickly out of date similar to the old product listing.
This is a really hard problem. Phone home might not solve it either, hence the need to test it. But I think with a little gamification it could work well (who has the most production sites listed under their account etc, the most intranets).
I always try to attack the greatest risks first so there is time to course correct and less time spent solving problems that aren't needed in the end.