Plone 6.0.5 has been soft-released. Please give it a try and let me know if there are any critical issues.
See also the checklist for this release .
For those who haven't run across soft-releases before, this is the last step before the final release. Because things haven't been finalized yet, some packages may change between now and the release. It is not recommended to use soft-releases in production.
Release notes for Plone 6.0.5rc1
- Released: Thursday May 25, 2023
- Check the release schedule.
- Read the upgrade guide, explaining the biggest changes compared to 5.2.
- Canonical place for these release notes and the full packages changelog.
If you want to jump straight in, here are two important links:
- With pip you can use the constraints file at https://dist.plone.org/release/6.0-dev/constraints.txt
- With Buildout you can use the versions file at https://dist.plone.org/release/6.0-dev/versions.cfg, plus optionally
Major changes since 6.0.4:
Zope: Do not break on requests that pass both a query string and a
Content-Typeheader or request body.
Products.CMFPlone: Do not truncate the sortable_title index.
plone.app.caching: Update the resourceRegistries ETag to use the config registry modification time. This time is set since Plone 6.0.4.
plone.app.dexterity: Content types control panel: Show behavior name and interface.
- Merge utils and base classes from
plone.app.widgetsand do not depend on it anymore.
- Remove invalid unicode control characters for
- Merge utils and base classes from
plone.recipe.zeoserver: Fix lost dependencies when defining additional
eggsin buildout part.
- Create relations service. Query, add, delete.
- Add portal_type title (
type_title) to content response.
- Added support for nested schemas with resolveuid deserializer.
mockupfrom 5.0.10 to 5.0.12:
- pat markspeciallinks: Fix selector for tests.
- pat recurrence: Fix default selected range option if there's no "repeat forever" button (which is default in the event behavior).
- pat textareamimetypeselector: Async initialization of textareas. Fixes TinyMCE in modals not showing up (see Mosaic).
- pat tinymce: Add urlconverter_callback and do not convert external links/images urls
- pat tinymce: Do not remove current paragraph when inserting image.
- Several packages: Fix cyclic dependencies, drop Python 2 or Plone 5.2 support.
The default frontend for new Plone 6 sites is Volto. Latest release is 16.20.7. See the changelog.
Also, existing Plone sites need some or more extensive changes to be upgraded before they can use the Volto Frontend. Please read the guide on migrating from Plone Classic UI to Volto.
The HTML based and server side rendered UI that was present in Plone 5.2 and earlier major Plone releases is still available and has also been updated and improved upon in Plone 6. Our documentation now refers to this frontend as 'Classic UI'. Support for Classic UI is especially relevant for existing Plone sites which for whatever reason or requirements are not yet ready to be upgraded to the Volto frontend.
This release supports Python 3.8, 3.9, 3.10, and 3.11.
pip, buildout, setuptools
In Plone core we use these versions to install Plone:
pip==23.0.1 setuptools==67.6.1 wheel==0.40.0 zc.buildout==3.0.1
In general you are free to use whatever versions work for you, but these worked for us.
setuptools 66 or higher is more strict with what versions it can recognize. If you run
buildout and it suddenly cannot find a package with a non-standard version, then this may be the cause.
For installation instructions, see the documentation.
If you find any issues, please report them in the main issue tracker.