Plone 6.0.1 soft released

Plone 6.0.1 has been soft-released. Please give it a try and let me know if there are any critical issues.

For those who haven't run across soft-releases before, this is the last step before the final release. Because things haven't been finalized yet, some packages may change between now and the release. It is not recommended to use soft-releases in production. The Products.CMFPlone version is 6.0.1rc1.

Release notes for Plone 6.0.1rc1

For technical wizards who want to jump straight in, here are two important links:

Highlights

Major changes since 6.0.0:

• Zope:
    • Set the published default Content-Type header to text/plain if none has been set explicitly to prevent a cross-site scripting attack. Also remove the old behavior of constructing an HTML page for published methods returning a two-item tuple. This fix was already included in Plone 6.0.0.1 and 6.0.0.2.
    • Various other packages have fixes for this to avoid regressions.
  • plone.restapi:
    • Internationalization of @users endpoint error messages.
    • Add pt_BR and fr translations.
  • plone.base: Add missing TinyMCE plugin autolink to selectable plugins.
  • Products.CMFPlone: When autologin after password reset is enabled (this is the default), use the same adapters as during normal login. Specifically: the IInitialLogin and IRedirectAfterLogin adapters.
  • More Zope community packages have gotten official, tested Python 3.11 support.

Volto frontend

The default frontend for Plone 6 is Volto. Latest release is 16.9.0. See the changelog.
Note that this is a JavaScript frontend that you need to run in a separate process with NodeJS.
The Classic UI is still available when you only run the Python process.

Python compatibility

This release supports Python 3.8, 3.9, 3.10, and 3.11.

Installation

For installation instructions, see the documentation.

Issues

If you find any issues, please report them in the main issue tracker.

2 Likes

I have not tried it yet, but if relevant: Is it possible to add nmp /Node versions supported ( I did a quick test and got unsupported version (error)

1 Like

There is a section "Node Support" on the Volto npm page. That is the best source of information.
If I add it to the release notes here, I fear it would just get out of date because I copy-paste a previous announcement.

@sneridagh Do the supported node versions for Volto change much? Maybe this only changes during a major release? I could add it here then.

Plone 6.0.1 final is out. Changes compared to the soft release:

• plone.restapi bugfix
  • plone.recipe.zope2instance new feature
  • Products.CMFPlone 6.0.1 of course