Plone 5: Registry bundles: compiling doesn't consider new JS code

Hi,
i'm trying to update JS code within a registry bundle.

registry.xml:
http://codepad.org/vNkXLW5P

After changing JS code within e.g. '++theme++ems.web/ems_config.js' and clicking 'compile' on '@@resourceregistry-controlpanel' the new built bundle doesn't provide the new JS code.

Invoking '++theme++ems.web/ems_config.js' returns the new JS code.

I have tried:

• deleting the bundle on '@@resourceregistry-controlpanel'' and re-adding it running the profile providing that registry.xml: does not help
  • restarting client: does not help
  • purging cache: does not help

I'm using:

• Plone 5.0.6rc1
  • no webserver/apache/varnish/etc.

Is there something i miss ?

Thanks, maha

Hi Maha,

I suggest you for javascript to read this articles.

JavaScript for Plone develeopers
Check debug modes

Cheers,
Milan

Sadly, anything from http://uwosh.edu/ploneprojects is likely to be outdated and no longer applicable to Plone 5. Almost all the sites I and others wrote "how to"s for on that site were Plone 3 and 4. @bledwell and I have tried to get that !@$# site to display publication date but can't get it to work. Otherwise you'd see that that article was written on Apr 16, 2009

1 Like

Thank you so much for this infos.
I didn't pay attention on dates :pensive: but I saw the last modifications at 2016.

Thank you for this and sorry If I gave wrong infos to the @maha user.

There's no way you could have known since that site doesn't display publication date.

1 Like

...and now I see that the dates finally are appearing. I'd made the configuration change a few days ago but didn't see them take effect, probably because of caching.

1 Like

Hi,
thank you for your answers.
I found out, that there is a problem using browser Firefox (52.0.2):
If there is a missing resource required by the bundle, clicking the 'compile' button within 'resourceregistry-controlpanel' will finish in a view, which is indicating the compiling is finished successfully. But there is no generation of the bundle file within portal_resources (of course).

Using browser e.g. Chrome results in a view indicating there is a problem during compilation in the case of missing resources.

Regards, maha

2 Likes