We need help to fix a couple of failing tests in the Python 2.7 build related to WebDAV. See https://github.com/plone/buildout.coredev/pull/586
Zope 4.0 final was released this Friday as planned. Excellent!!! We had planned to release Plone 5.2 final as pending this weekend and do the official release of Plone 5.2 on May 20 (see Plone 5.2 Release Team Meeting, April 28, 2019). But unless we fix these issues we need to postpone the release. I myself was ill last week, am only now recovering and have very little time for this this week.
@Rotonen has already fixed those WebDAV issues, but was still checking if it is correct that plone.rfc822 gets bytes on 2.7, but strings on 3.7... or is there still something else.
Great to hear! I rebased https://github.com/plone/buildout.coredev/pull/586 and started the jobs. Let's see it that fixes everything.
Oh, sorry. They are not yet merged.
I merged these two, rebased https://github.com/plone/buildout.coredev/pull/586 and restarted the jobs.
There are still 6 test-failures:
Products.ATContentTypes.tests.test_atnewsitem.TestATNewsItemFunctional) are fixed by https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/pull/624.
The last one probably fails on the space in "News Item" but is also caused by something in https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/commit/b4495eb403c622300b02071a0904b3ad948cc4fe.
I'm still looking...
Found it. It was a different commit: https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/commit/ca445a661d3992352f76266009798c9305d834db#diff-80f3a2c3ed7611b843ad03eda4878084R218
The problem is that the location is changed from
which results in a 404.
I'm now officially out of time until Thursday. Please someone take this over so we don't have to postopone the release even further!
Sooo. The last problem (TestATNewsItemFunctional) is not real-life issue since adding Archetypes News Items works fine with and without the modified response in the redirect. I spent most of today trying to find the cause and first had a couple of fistfights with CMFFormController (please die already!) and the Controller Python Script
createObject.cpy which is used in that test. Turns out that was not the issue.
The issue is actually really the space in "News Item". Since https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/commit/ca445a661d3992352f76266009798c9305d834db#diff-80f3a2c3ed7611b843ad03eda4878084R218 the url gets url-quoted. That turns
News Item to
ZPublisher.BaseRequest.BaseRequest.traverse the step
News%20Item is then quoted again, resulting in
Then when Plone tries to traverse from
News%20Item the item is not found:
(Pdb++) self.traverseName(object, 'News%20Item')
*** AttributeError: News%20Item
(Pdb++) self.traverseName(object, 'News%2520Item')
*** AttributeError: News%2520Item
(Pdb++) self.traverseName(object, 'News Item')
<TempFolder at /plone/Members/test_user_1_/portal_factory/News Item>
The same happens when using unrestrictedTraverse.
That finally led me down to
Products.ATContentTypes.tool.factory.FactoryTool.__bobo_traverse__. That's a rather simple method that returns a temporary folder to hold the new item during creation but the
%20 prevente it from finding the type.
Fixed in https://github.com/plone/Products.ATContentTypes/pull/63
I learned again:
- Disable handle_errors in functional tests.
- If you persist and do not hurry you might eventually find the issue.
- Expect custom
__bobo_traverse__ methods in all kinds of places. Expect bug in them to be swallowed.
It'd not be the worst idea to unify and clean up all the publish and traversal side magic as encountered. Sounds Plone 6 worthy.