Not able to insert a link

In the content page--> New --> Articles when I try to insert an image using upload in a rich text field it shows me following error

You cannot add a File to this folder, try another one

The browser console shows a 403 error Forbidden

How to reproduce this on a demo site like plone-demo.info?

when in your folder /news/articles can you use add new / image ? and what are your plone version and the add-ons installed ?

No not able to add a new image, the issue is happening in the rich text area only, otherwise I am able to add pdf and the lead image.

Plone 5.0.4 (5015)
CMF 2.2.10
Zope 2.13.24
Python 2.7.5 (default, Aug 4 2017, 00:39:18) [GCC 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-16)]
PIL 3.1.1 (Pillow)

Addons as under

================= Available add-ons======================

1. plone.app.multilingual
  2. Session refresh support
  3. Archetypes Content Types for Plone
  4. archetypes.multilingual
  5. Workflow Policy Support (CMFPlacefulWorkflow)
  6. custom.dexterity.video
  7. OpenID Authentication Support
  8. collective.recaptcha
  9. Working Copy Support (Iterate)

====================== Activated add-ons =============================

1. Portal insection
  2. Custom Search
  3. Custom Theme
  4. Portal home tabs
  5. Custom list
  6. Portal footer
  7. Portal teasers
  8. Portal folderoverview
  9. PloneFormGen
  10. Custom Plugin
  11. List group chair
  12. Portal home tabs

not sure what you mean by that, double negations are tricky.
I think you are saying that you can add a file directly, so it seems to rule out a true permission problem. I think there was a few fixes in file upload between 5.03 and current 5.08. What I can say is that is working fine in Plone 5.08 and (yet unreleased) 5.1.2, so it could be worth a try with latest 5.08.

No

It has to be a permission issue, because if I remove the destination folder then the image gets uploaded correctly without any issues. But image is not getting uploaded under News folder or its subfolder.

Can shed some light on how to set the permissions to a folder, I have the admin access.

oh well you want to add something else than a news under News. Seems possible by using Add new.. More.. and picking a new doc type. It's possible that it is necessary to enable it first out of Tinymce by a manual add.

This is what happens if someone tries to upload an image to a folder where one/he/she can not add images.

Although this is easy for 'Ploners' (and other smart people :slight_smile: to understand, the users 'think this is a bug' (in other words, they call you and say that the site is NOT WORKING.

I think it would be very nice if it was an easy way of setting the 'default upload folder', so everyone that 'has no clue' uploads images to 'images', while those that know what they are doing can choose folder (as today).

Of course: if 'path' would start as the same when inserting images, that would be nice, too.