'News' folder not appearing as a display item

I want to select a published item from the published News folder as the display item. But it does not come up when i want to select a content item for display. How can I activate this.

I am able to set a news item as default view of News folder. But I want to set it as the default view of the site.

Only directly contained items can be assigned as default view of a folder. You can not use arbitrary items from somewhere in the site. You may create a collection in the portal root referencing the news item through some criteria and assign the collection as default view to the site.

-aj

thanks. It is interesting though since News (that appears as a default) is folder but is actually a collection. I was intrigued because I was able to pick an item from a folder and also from collection but not from 'News'.

I am doing something incorrectly. Please note the 2 screenshots. I have several published folders. But only 2 come up when I need to select the item as default page.

What else do you expect?
You can NOT choose a folder a default view, only standard content types likes documents, events etc. that are not folderish.

-aj

In @@content-controlpanel , when you select Collection (or whatever other content type), you can enable "Can be used as default page"

1 Like

thanks