My time with Rails is up

I think that article says is that you can concentrate on making a framework too easy to onboard new users at the expense of features that help deal with complexity. However the reverse is also true. You can make a framework that focuses on providing lots of nice things when your app is big and complex but doesn't have a smooth way to learn it.
On top of this we shouldn't lose sight that Plone is a CMS not a framework. The framework in plone is there to help build a better plone. If you are trying to customise plone to make in to your "app" instead of a CMS then you are probably using the wrong tool. We have a lot of talented people that want to make the plone core a really nice thing to work which is awesome, except that most of the benefit for that effort goes to the core developers. For those just building sites, what it means is way X of making site has now become way Y.
This is the reason I like plomino and rapido. Those frameworks are independent of Plone. They sit on top of it. If someone mucks around with the core, my app code or my customisation code won't break. They are also way easier to learn for beginners and for training new developers. Thats why I'm currently putting my effort into improving rapido and plomino not the plone core.

1 Like