Installing plone.app.contenttypes, migrating from Archetypes to Dexterity

It wasn't much coding work in my experience, not for standard Plone content types, but given how much variation there is in add-ons, mixes of add-ons, custom content types, and Plone versions, that documentation tries to be comprehensive.

If you have some budget for it, you could ask for paid help from a Plone provider

As I said, I am using an ordinary Plone installation, installed via the usual installer.

No custom contenttypes, just plone pages, plone folders, plone images.
Some well known addons as PlomeFormgen, jQuery Integration and so on, nothing obscure or not well known and tested under Plone 4.3 in the community.

Don't take me for granted, but are you really saying that a Plone user needs a budget for doing a simple migration?
To discuss this I think we need another thread...

oh my bad, I mixed up versions on Github, sorry about that :frowning:
I tried to install 1.1.5 on my 4.3.15 test instance and it installed without problem. So there is no general trouble between 4.3 and plone.app.contenttypes 1.x (that' better like that...)

It would appear that whatever you're doing is somehow not that simple. I'm just suggesting that if you can't figure it out and we don't guess what the issue might be, you might get better results if you can get someone to focus on your particular situation, set up a duplicate test environment, and try to reproduce your issue. Those take time, and if volunteers here don't have that time to set aside, you might get them to set aside the time if you pay them. Up to you, of course.

In fact: PloneFormGen is a custom content type, which is Archetype, so this can not be migrated to Dexterity (you will need to use something else, like collective.easyform or still keep Archetype support.

If everything was 'standard', the migrations should work (so maybe something is not ? Maybe something that has been removed (almost)?

If you are not a developer: why are you migrating to Dexterity? (if things are working, I can not see much point in migrating unless you want to 'improve something' ?

From you buildout: I am not sure all those add-ons are working / have been upgraded to Plone 5

Thanks for replying.
After all I got it all working under Plone 5.

The addons are working. Also migration to Dexterity went fine, why should I not migrate to it? Upgrading a plone site isn't just for developers, is it?

I always want to improve something and after all I do like Plone though there are a lot of things that could be improved especially for users who can't or don't want to dig deep into the Plone code.

Defently not, but I could not see any reason for migrating 'just Archetype content' if everything was working

. After all I got it all working under Plone 5.

Can you explain what you had to do? May be in a separate blog post if it is too long?