Information for Interested GSoC Students

Plone has applied for the 2019 Summer of Code program! We are very excited to be participating for another year.

If you are just joining us, and are interested in working with Plone for the Summer of Code, here are some ways you can get started learning about our software and our community:

We look forward to meeting you. Welcome to Plone!

8 Likes

Great i have started doing these steps looking forward to being selected in your organisation.

Hey!
I am Paridhi, sophomore at IIT Guwahati, India. I have worked with HTML/ CSS and a little JavaScript. I code regularly in Python, C and R. I am interested in contributing towards this company's ideas! I am already on to the steps you mentioned!

I am Anam Raihan, an undergraduate student at IIIT Hyderabad. I have a good grasp of Javascript and would like to dive into the Open Source Community. I've got a bit familiar with the Plone environment and would like to contribute to the organization through the project "Plone as a Progressive Web App". It would be great if someone can guide me further.

@iamar7 please see this thread then GSoC - Progressive Web App add-on

Hi , My name is Arunav Konwar, 4th Year student at BITS Pilani, India. I am interested in contributing to this organization. I feel this organization is a good match with my skillset, and I have already started following the above mentioned steps to get familiar with the organization. I look forward to having a good time contributing. :slight_smile:

Welcome to Plone @arunavkonwar! We look forward to your participation. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Hey,
I am Rohit Kumar, a third year undergraduate student at IIT Kharagpur. I have worked with HTML, CSS, Javascript, Python, PHP and C in last 2 years. I've already started following the above mentioned steps to get familiar with the organization and I look forward to having a good time contributing.

Welcome to Plone @rtyrohit! We're glad you've joined us. Please feel free to start up new topics with any questions you have. We are all here to help.

Hi,

My name is Chaofeng (Chao) Zhou, a Computer Science student at the University of Utah. I am also a Web Developer who is passionate about Web Development. I have been using React and Node.js to build several projects so far and I have solid understanding of HTML/CSS as well. I participated in GSoC with Team Java Pathfinder last year. This year I am looking for a team and project that are specific to web development. I have viewed the ideas list of Plone and I believe Plone will be the project that I want to work on. :slight_smile: My portfolio site can be reached at chaofz.me.

Chao

1 Like

Welcome to Plone, @chaofz! We are grateful for your interest and happy you've chosen to look at us for your GSoC experience. Starting out by working through the list of steps at the top of this post will be a great way to begin. Please do not hesitate to ask questions here in a new posting whenever you have them. We are happy to help you in any way we can!

c

Hi,
My name is Anuja Kurakula, Computer engineering student at NIT,Surat. I worked on C,JAVA ,Python, HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP and SQL. I have started following the above mentioned steps to get familiar with the organization and looking forward to have a great time contributing to this organization.I am looking forward to work on Better DIff Viewer for content project idea.

Welcome to Plone, @anuja-k! We are very excited that you are interested in working on Plone for your GSoC. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you have. We are here to help you move forward.

c

Hi,
I am Shivam Luthra, a sophomore from India, perceiving web skills like HTML5, CSS 3, JavaScript & it's frameworks like AngularJS and libraries like Jquery, looking forward to connect to this community and start my contributing experience. I know I might be late introducing myself to the community but aspiring to contribute towards it. I've also seen this year's GSoC project ideas page and many of them pretty much appeal to me. Please guide me how to get started from scratch.
Thanks & Regards.

Hello, I am bringtree, a freshman from china. I am frequent user of the Vue2, javascript & node.js. I hope i can do something for the plone. Could you give me some suggestions about how can I begin to do? I also seen this year's GSOC project ideas page.@cewing
This is my email : bringtree@qq.com
Thanks! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Plone community, @shivamluthra and @bringtree. We are glad you are interested in working with us for your GSoC. For both of you, the best way to get started is to download and explore Plone (linked at the top of this post), read the documentation on how it works, and how to work with it (also linked above), and explore the ideas in our ideas page. If you want to get a start on understanding Plone better, you can find a link at the top to some issues in GitHub that we've marked as appropriate for beginners. There is also good documentation linked above on how to contribute.

As you develop specific questions, please feel free to ask them in posts to this forum. If they are related to any of the ideas in our list, you can @-mention any of the mentors here and they will see your messages. Do keep in mind that we are mostly working folk and it may take a short while for us to respond to your questions.

Thanks so much for looking into working with Plone. We look forward to seeing your proposal rough drafts starting March 20.

c

thanks @。@