Import function of plone.importexport wonky?

I've used collective.importexport for a few years but would like to move away from it because it uses on a lot of stuff i don't need (transmogrifier etc). Plone.importexport has proven to be much more useful and has a nicer layout for my end users who need to export the data we collect. I need the ability to import though...

So I when i attempt to import content, even when I use the mandatory headers {'@type', 'path', 'id', 'UID'}, I still get the error:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 138, in publish
  Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 77, in mapply
  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 48, in call_object
  Module plone.importexport.browser.importexport, line 654, in imports
  Module plone.importexport.browser.importexport, line 509, in getobjpath
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getPhysicalPath'

I've been researching for weeks and see no reports of this anywhere... Thoughts suggestions appreciated.

Pretty sure that code never used transmogrifier. Maybe you are thinking of a different plugin.

We plan to put some work into fixing this code. plone.importexport is currently only partially complete. For example none of those fields will be mandatory. It also has few tests. We also plan to move the UI mainly to the control panel.

However we have to put paid work as a priority so if you'd like to help fund work on this plugin let us know then we can potentially start work soon.

E.S. Tyrer via Plone Community wrote at 2019-11-5 23:01 +0000:

I've used collective.importexport for a few years but would like to move away from it because it uses on a lot of stuff i don't need (transmogrifier etc). Plone.importexport has proven to be much more useful and has a nicer layout for my end users who need to export the data we collect. I need the ability to import though...

So I when i attempt to import content, even when I use the mandatory headers {'@type', 'path', 'id', 'UID'}, I still get the error:

Traceback (innermost last):
Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 138, in publish
Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 77, in mapply
Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 48, in call_object
Module plone.importexport.browser.importexport, line 654, in imports
Module plone.importexport.browser.importexport, line 509, in getobjpath
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getPhysicalPath'

I've been researching for weeks and see no reports of this anywhere... Thoughts suggestions appreciated.

Obviously, code (likely in getobjpath) expects to have a
Zope (content) object but has None instead.

I use Products.PDBDebugMode to analyse problems like this.
It enters the Python debugger in case of (unhandled) exceptions and allows
for the inspection of the state along the call chain.