Image Captions from Plone 5.1

The framework team voted against merging the related PRs into Plone 5.1, as there were too many possibly risky changes needed, which is not wise for a Plone release branch which is in maintenance/bugfix-only mode. Sorry if anyone, including me, gave the impression that it could maybe be included.

Going forward, if you really can't go to Plone 5.2 yet, I wonder how you could benefit from your work on 5.1 anyway. Something like this:

• For plone.outputfilters, instead of your branch, you could use the master branch or the latest release, as Johannes suggested recently
  • You would need to allow figcaption, which you could add manually in the filter control panel.
  • In CMFPlone you would need the new IImagingSchema.image_captioning field, as you did in your PR 3099.
  • That new field would need an upgrade step to reload the IImagingSchema interface, which could be done in a registry.xml in the code of your project.
  • You did mockup changes, which you compiled into Products/CMFPlone/static/plone-logged-in-compiled.js. Those changes would be needed.

So maybe this could work for you:

• Use plone.outputfilters 4.0.1.
  • Create an internal release of your Products.CMFPlone branch from PR 3099.
  • Create an internal release of your plone.app.upgrade branch. That seems to be missing an upgrade step to reload the IImageSchema, and add the figcaption, but otherwise seems okay.

I have not tried this. But hopefully this helps you, and means your time was not wasted.

1 Like