How to set up the local environment for different Plone repositories

@nctl144 I thought we'd discussed how you were NOT going to git clone Products.CMFPlone and you WERE going to git clone plonetheme.barceloneta

@nctl144 to format code and error tracebacks, please select the text to format then use the "Preformatted text" toolbar icon

So do you mean that the CMF.Plone and the plonetheme packages share the same issues listed on CMFPlone repo on github? I am really sorry for asking too much, but since there are a lot of packages available, I started to get confused somehow.

heh, no worries. Plone consists of 200+ packages, but the main one is Products.CMFPlone (a poorly named one, for historical reasons), so we use the issue tracker on the Products.CMFPlone repo as the main one for Plone. When people file an issue there, the problem might actually be in one of the 200+ packages that we bundle together as Plone, so fixing the problem will often require that you work on another repo than Products.CMFPlone.

People who know their way around Plone and its packages will often go directly to the repo where they've found the bug and will create the issue in that repo.

Okay I got it now :slight_smile: Thank you so much for sticking with me. I will try to get familiar with the environment, test things out and let you know soon :slight_smile:

thanks for your patience, and your persistence, @nctl144! Hang in there, we'll get you going!

Thank you guys for helping me out :slight_smile: I really appreciate it. I want to learn more about Plone since I have been developing web using Wordpress for a long time and I feel like it is not a good tool for hundred reasons. And it is always good to learn something new :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

After a while reading through some materials and inspecting the theme, I feel more familiar with Plone and I really want to work on this task https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues/1966
So can you guys let me know which part of the package I should notice? Is this problem related to the add-on package or the theme package itself? I just need a hint for this :slight_smile:

I can see the problem on my localhost :slight_smile: