How to make an engineer drink?

As @djay knows, I am a big proponent of TTW or Hackable Plone. If you look at that section of the Strategic Summit Report (I posted a link to this yesterday), you can see we have the makings of a manifesto that will maintain and improve the things we love and hold dear in large Plone self-service installations (and by "we" I mean big edu and gov and non-profit deployments, plus what could be large scale Plone hosting businesses like the one @svx is launching, and what Ploud once promised).

I don't agree with @djay that the community has broken processes (I paraphrase). They work as well as we are committed to making them work, and we operate under constraints that corporations do not face.

If we as a community want to operate more like a corporation, then please support that effort by sponsoring the Foundation (Donate). We do not get that much in the way of donations, but what we get we do use to fund sprints a lot.

If those of us who want to keep Plone "TTW" or "hackable" are serious, we will get together and fund or otherwise contribute code, or find devs to help us, or convince existing devs that our interests are really mostly in common. So far, edu folks haven't come together to build new code much (I say this having been part of the PloneEdu initiative for quite some time), and so maybe edu and gov and non-profits need to work together to formalize the manifesto and find ways of resourcing it. Most current core/framework devs aren't from those sectors so of course they don't feel the same urgency; that's fine - it isn't reasonable to expect them to do what we want them to do.

This is a do-ocracy, or, in the immortal words of Tom Cruise, "Show me the money!" [or the code]

Coda:

Here is the post with the link to the strategic summit report. This is now part of the Plone roadmap. This is how our community came together in a truly impressive way to discuss then decide on our future. The summit was a shining example of beautifully functioning community processes.