How to add e-commerce functionality in Volto

I need to implement e-commerce in my Volto project is there any way to do that ??

1 Like

I've recently started working on an integration with medusajs, but nothing to show right now.

3 Likes

please let me know if you need any helps or testing !

Maybe in about a month, that's my optimistic time estimation.

1 Like

We have implemented an e-commerce like website with Volto in the past months.

It has several integrations with different back-end-servers, and we have achieved that in the Plone side.

We have implemented a shopping cart in Volto and when the user clicks "buy", all the information is sent to a back-end endpoint, which returns where the user should be redirected with which parameters to confirm the payment (our client has 2 or 3 payment processors, used depending on user selection and back-end settings). Usually the payment service requires doing a HTTP POST with a encrypted text to a given URL, and that's what our back-end returns and Volto shows to the end-user.

In our case the client is selling both physical books, digital books and registration to courses. In each case a different back-end process is launched to verify the payment and access to the digital asset.

The website is https://www.ueu.eus/ and it is fully in Basque, so you may not understand it :slight_smile:

If you have some specific questions, we may give more specific answers.

2 Likes

Please check your inbox :slightly_smiling_face: