How can I customize Plone to create sub-folders inside of a page

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to customize Plone to create sub-folders upon the creation of a page. For example, when I create a new Page, I would like it to also create an 'Overview' 'Wiki' and 'Files' folders as navigation bar items for the new page automatically. These sub-folders would be re-created for each new Page that's created. The purpose of this is to have each new Page act like a sub-directory of sorts. I was also wondering if this could be programmed into a new dexterity type as well.

I have tried seeing if this is possible, but I can't seem to find anything about this in the Plone documentation and I have done an in-depth search for the last couple of weeks.

Thank you in advance for you help and I hope someone can get back to me!

You can listen for a page created event to do the actions that you require. An alternative and easy approach would be to have a folder where this structure exists and you just copy and paste when needed.

For more details on event handlers: Event handlers — Plone Documentation v5.2

1 Like

Hi. Thank you for responding so promptly! I was wondering if you could explain how to develop this structure into a folder. I've been trying to find a way to programmatically do this for a while, but to no avail so any help is really appreciated.