Having issues with Collective Solr and indexing files

Hi all. First post, so be kind. I am working on a Plone 4.3.7 site with Collective Solr 5.0.3. We are using C.S. to index the site to an external Solr server. Our test server is running Solr 6.0.1 and production is running 6.1.

The issue I'm having is that on the test server, the index is showing the AllowedRolesandUsers field for portal_type:"File". However, that field is not coming in on the production Solr server. I checked the Plone catalog for a bunch of PDFs and saw that the AllowedRolesandUsers field is indeed populated. But for whatever reason, Collective Solr isn't seeing or sending that field to the Solr index.

I've also recently noted that the Collective Solr project on Github states that CS doesn't work with Solr 5+. We are successfully indexing content to our Solr 6.x servers, and the only difference between test and production is that the former is 6.0.1 and the latter is 6.1. I haven't been able to find much, if any, further info on CS or Solr, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to offer some insight.

Thanks!

If this really is the only difference, then the problem should not be on the Plone side, as it is highly likely that it provides the same input to the two Sol/r versions.

Looks like a strange behaviour. In such cases, I always favour a debugging approach. In your special case, to verify that indeed the same input it provided to both Sol/r versions.