I wanted to implement a chat functionality with Plone. I believe I will need some push notification. However,I am aware of an effort to implement push notification in Plone and it being in its early stage, so i chose to use matermost .
The main problems are
- Plone currently not having push notification functionalities.
- I wanted to implement a Messaging service that would allow the users to communicate either privately or in a group or under the discussion of a content type
Otherwise from Plone not allowing the messaging functionality as how I wanted. I wanted to integrate Plone with MattterMost. What I really wanted to get done are:
- Create a new user whenever a Plone user is made in Mattermost
- I created a content type called Project but I was wondering if it would be possible to create a new channel whenever that content type is created
- I wanted the users who were added to that content type to be added also to the channel in Mattermost
Related topics I searched on
- I was able to find some documentation on how to run python commands in Plone. I believe this might become useful as it might allow me to run Mattermost api calls, however it doesn't looks like the most efficient and secure way to get it done : https://docs.plone.org/develop/plone/misc/commandline.html
- I found that service worker was being discussed earlier this year which includes push notification. https://community.plone.org/t/gsoc-2019-idea-plone-service-workers/7906