GSOC 2019: GatsbyJS Preview for Plone (gatsby-source-plone enhancements)

@datakurre Does this idea GatsbyJS Preview for Plone is selected under PSF this year or not?

Well, the Plone foundation ideas list has stayed the same and GatsbyJS idea is not the only JavaScript focused idea there.

Yet, it's good to remember the general GOSC rules. Ideas are just ideas. The eventual projects candidates are always proposed by the students themselves in their proposals. And the acceptance of a project depends on the quality of proposal, availability of mentors, and some luck in Google and PSF slot allocation lottery.

@datakurre I am little bit confused about this that whether I should submit the Proposal on this Idea or not, under the PSF?

I believe that project proposals based on this idea are equal with the proposals based on other Plone Foundation ideas when it comes to selection process. Although, I expect the competition be harder than last year.

PSF GSOC page has details on application process http://python-gsoc.org/index.html#gettingstarted

If I understand that correctly, Plone-proposals should have title starting with "Plone: " when submitted.

1 Like

@datakurre Thanks for your valuable reply. I want to work on this project , so if there is any opportunity for me
please share with me. I can do an Internship/Job based on the the development of this project under your guidance.

@cekk @tisto @ajayns @sneridagh I believe that we are still in lack of a backup mentor for this project to have chances under PSF. Would anyone of you be available or would you have anyone to suggest?

@datakurre can you tell me, if my proposal is ready for submission or do I need to do some more modification? nileshgulia1 also review it and I made modification as he suggested. please!

Today I submitted my proposal for this project :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@datakurre thank you! very much for accepting my proposal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations!

But, just to be clear here about the process: you wrote the proposal and Google managed the selection process. So, thank you for the proposal.

My proposal is that we will manage the process at https://github.com/collective/gatsby-source-plone/projects/2 with tasks and issues and have a channel at Plone slack (unless all the other projects choose Gitter).

1 Like