The Angular CMS frontend library will implement the entire Plone UI as Angular components.
It should cover the same features as Volto (https://github.com/plone/volto): toolbar, content editing, sharing, folder view, etc.
The main objective is to allow to create a custom site theme on top of it easily. Therefore, it must be a library that can be added as a dependency in a regular Angular project, and the developer can override any view or component in a simple way.
- Angular 7+
- It will use a Plone or a Guillotina backend (which both expose a compliant API).
- It will be based on the Plone Angular SDK (https://github.com/plone/plone.restapi-angular) which provide the machinery to use a Plone/Guillotina API.
- It will use the Pastanaga theme (the basic UI elements are already available for Angular https://github.com/plone/pastanaga-angular).
- be able to develop with TypeScript and Angular 2+
- be able to implement a consistent UI providing a lot a user interactions
The purpose is to offer an alternative to the React implementation provided by Volto.
Not because Volto is bad (which is not), but just because the frontend community is diverse and it would be a strength for Plone/Guillotina to cover several major frontend frameworks.