Framework team meeting minutes 2017-03-21

#Attendees

Eric Steele
Jens Klein
Gil Forcada

#Topics
##Plips

• Retina #1483: We have 2 reviews and decided the PLIP is ready fo merge. Jens will merge it. This will go into 5.1.

• Registry Improvements #1484: From code POV ready for merge. Blocker: It needs documentation before we merge. @vangheem are you able to document it or help a volunteer to get the bits together? Volunteers for documentation please speak up, this is an easy task.

• We discussed also short Resource registry improvements #1955 - but we need to take more time and need more people including @thet as the author of the draft.

##Strategie

• We discussed short on how to proceed with Zope4:

• Keep PLIP job in sync with Zope4 development (Jens task at Zope resurrection sprint in Halle, Gil tries to attend remote and help too).
    • Merge PLIP changes back into Plone 5.1 coredev where possible.
    • Update ZODB to latest. After work done by Jim Fulton (see ZODB mailing list) Plone 5.1 coredev can be updated to work with latest ZODB w/o backward compatibility problems. This needs a short PLIP. Help here would be appreciated!

#Next meeting

Next FWT meeting is in two weeks (2017-04-04).

I'll ask Nathan tomorrow to help me get those docs written.

Working on these docs at the moment!

1 Like

They are done! Various registry improvements by vangheem · Pull Request #15 · plone/plone.app.registry · GitHub

You can see them better at https://github.com/plone/plone.app.registry/tree/registry-folder

Thanks @tkimnguyen! And ... merged!

1 Like

I feel like I got away with something :slight_smile: