Footer ASCII problem (bug?)

I have a little problem with Plone footer. When i try to customize the footer thru site_actions i can't use characters like "ö,ä,...." and a lot more. If i used them i have one of two problems:

1. The site_actions dissapear from footer
    or
  2. UnicodeDecodeError

For example if i change "Contact" to "Contactä" then the site_actions dissapear from the footer.
Does anybody had this problem before? I couldn't find anything about it in internet and i need to use german special characters in footer

How did you do the customization? UTF-8 encoded templates are a must and of course working.

I customized it thru manage_main/portal_actions/site_actions. I tried to change the name from
“Accessibility” to “Zugänglichkeit” but it crush my site with error:

UnicodeDecodeError('ascii', 'Accessibility\xc3\xa4', 13, 14, 'ordinal not in range(128)') (Also, the following error occurred while attempting to render the standard error message, please see the event log for full details: ('ascii', 'Accessibility\xc3\xa4', 13, 14, 'ordinal not in range(128)'))

I can reproduce this. Likely some Zope internal encoding issue...no idea..try customizing the action using actions.xml inside your policy package.