Error: Buildout now includes 'buildout-versions'

Hi there, I hope I am posting in the right place for my question. I am quite new to Plone so hope I can get some assistance.

I am currently having a copy of a Plone 4.1.4 (4113) environment that have been copied from a live environment (not sure what environment). I am setting up a vmware with Plone 4.3 newest version witch I got up and running fine. Then I started following the documentation about "copying a plone" http://docs.plone.org/manage/deploying/copy.html And I have followed that except that I had to change some of the copied files ownership, group and chmod to fit with the rest of the files, I think this should be ok. After I did python bootstrap with GitHub - buildout/buildout: Buildout is a deployment automation tool written in and extended with Python where I got some more information.

So when I run the next step the bin/buildout I get the following error:

/usr/local/Plone/zinstance# bin/buildout
While:
Installing.
Loading extensions.
Error: Buildout now includes 'buildout-versions' (and part of the older 'buildout.dumppickedversions').
Remove the extension from your configuration and look at the 'show-picked-versions' option in buildout's documentation.

When I open the buildout.cfg file I dont have any referrence that I can remove. Is there anyone that can shed some light as to what my next steps are?

PS: Happy New year! :slight_smile:

Hi Kenneth,
welcome to Plone! and Happy New Year too....

It sounds like you've hit a problem with buildout 2.0 - similar to the one described here:

Off the top of my head, the following might work:

python bootstrap.py -v 1.7.0
bin/buildout 

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi Djowett, thanks for the answer and suggestions, I got a new error there.

When I downlaoded the file http://downloads.buildout.org/1/bootstrap.py from the article you sendt and run the command :

python bootstrap.py -v 1.7.0

I got the error:

The constraint, 2.2.5, is not consistent with the requirerment, ´zc.buildout<2dev´.
While:
Bootstrapping.
Error: Bad constraint 2.2.5 zc.buildout<2dev

I think I might be out on thin ice here, do you have any idea? :slight_smile:

Try using http://downloads.buildout.org/2/bootstrap.py

Is there anything at the top of the file that looks like this?

extends = 
    base.cfg

if so, the reference might be in one of the extended files.

Thanks Chrissy, the referrance was in base.cfg I didn\t see that untill you pointed it out so I am one step further, but I experienced another error in the buildout:

Develop: '/usr/local/Plone/zinstance/src/theme.geostatics'
Develop: '/usr/local/Plone/zinstance/src/Products.Archetypes-1.7.12'
error in Products.Archetypes setup command: Distribution contains no modules or packages for namespace package 'Products'
While:
  Installing.
  Processing develop directory '/usr/local/Plone/zinstance/src/Products.Archetypes-1.7.12'.

An internal error occurred due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
recipe being used:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/Plone/buildout-cache/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py", line 1946, in main
    getattr(buildout, command)(args)
  File "/usr/local/Plone/buildout-cache/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py", line 488, in install
    installed_develop_eggs = self._develop()
  File "/usr/local/Plone/buildout-cache/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py", line 730, in _develop
    zc.buildout.easy_install.develop(setup, dest)
  File "/usr/local/Plone/buildout-cache/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/easy_install.py", line 938, in develop
    call_subprocess(args)
  File "/usr/local/Plone/buildout-cache/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/easy_install.py", line 159, in call_subprocess
    % repr(args)[1:-1])
Exception: Failed to run command:
'/usr/bin/python', '/tmp/tmp0G8DLM', '-q', 'develop', '-mxN', '-d', '/usr/local/Plone/zinstance/develop-eggs/tmp7kJ31kbuild'

Have anyone experienced this before?