Definitive classification of users of Plone

Just wondering how others distinguish between the different types of users of Plone or the roles involved in in a Plone CMS project.

Here is my first pass attempt at my own list :

• Site Administrator - Maintains the site, manages the adding of new users and sections of the site
  • Visual and Interaction Layout (Themer) - Responsible for the layout, designs themes in HTML, CSS and JS
  • Content Manager - Responsible for the publishing workflow (sub roles include writers, designers, editors)
  • Developer Integrator/Customizer - Implements features that are useful to a specific plone project based on the customer intention, integrates third party apis
  • Add on Developer - Responsible for creating and packaging new functionality that can be resused in new Plone projects

This is influenced by a presentation by @djay ( http://www.slideshare.net/djay/the-goodies-of-zope-pyramid-and-plone-2 )

specifically this slide:

In my experience, users can be divided into:

• basic content creators (can create and edit a page, news item, maybe an event)

• power users (can create forms, collections, portlets, content rules, etc., assign sharing permissions, group membership management, simple theme customization/tweaks)

What about system administrators (for the machine/OS and for the Plone install e.g. for patches and running buildout to add add-ons)?

@tkimnguyen,
Here's my second pass based on your feedback. Note that my "Site Administrator" and Advanced "Content Manager" will most likely overlap with your "Power user" designation.

• Content Managers (Basic and Advanced) - Can create and edit a page, news item, event, forms and cover/feature pages.
  • Themers - Responsible for the layout, designs themes in HTML, CSS and JS
  • Site Administrators - Is able to do everything Content Managers do but also manages forms, collections, portlets, content rules, etc., assign sharing permissions, group membership management, simple theme customization/tweaks
  • Developers - Implements features that are useful to a specific plone project based on the customer intention, integrates third party apis. Responsible for creating and packaging new functionality that can be resused in new Plone projects
  • System Administrators - Manage deployment, patching, installation of add-ons, backup and maintenance of the Plone site and supporting services.

I have often the request from my Users to add an Folder/Area with Password Protection for a cuple of Anonymous Users. The Access is limited by time. A normal User in Plone can change the Password and set the own Properties of the Account. For my usecase these are too much rights. Actually i need a Authenticated User only with a View Permission. I call that Minimalistic Authenticated Anonymous User :wink: