Datatables and server side processing

Well, in my case it is a 'table', so they are not in the sitemap.

It could be possible to 'show google another view' of the table, but then if people find it they will not see it when they get to the page. they will have to search.

I am not sure what is the best approach for this… maybe it is possible to 'search with keyword from google'…

So what is the data you are showing in the table? Do the cells link to some content?

Do you have a link so we can check the markup created by your datatables instance?

CSV (from Excel) Sheet with 58000 rows

No, I stored everything in one "Document"

[quote]
Do you have a link so we can check the markup created by your datatables instance?

[quote]

I can't post it here (look in "personal message")

Ok, so it seems like with datatables.js it is not possible (ootb) to get seo friendly pagination and data. There is a deepLink plugin which can be used to jump to a specific table view based on url params, but there is no code available to update the document history (url) when clicking a link in the table pagingation (you would have to write this yourself).

With JS disbabled, nothing is shown at all. So one possible solution would be here to provide a simple table view with e.g. 10 items/page and a default Plone pagination, and hide this visually (but don’t use display: none, as this will remove it from the accessible DOM) when JS is enabled and the datatable did load successfully.

Nowadays I would use something else (I have no recommendations since I don’t need anything like this right now), which is accessible (datatables is not). If it is accessible, Google and friends will also very likely find your content on subsequent pages.

Thanks for you answer.

One thing that comes in mind is to add a link to the original CSV on the same page as the table.
I am not sure if Google (or Plone for that matter) indexes CSV files.