Creating a Collection page of videos from another (non-Plone) site like Youtube, Vimeo, etc.?

that's not going to work that way; I don't think you can register a view without ZCML and you'll need to create a package for that.

I'm not going to be able to help you further on this because I have other things to do.

Understood. That answer is sufficiently helpful. It lets me know that indeed, I need to create a package.
It's been 10+ years since I last had to make one, guess I'm overdue. I'm assuming the process has changed notably since. :slight_smile: I doubt I'll be able to pull it off fast enough to stop him moving everything to Wordpress (gack!), even though he knows how terrible that is, he apparently got a working prototype up doing what he wanted, up and running in a few days.
I'm not giving up personally, just in the hopes of proof of concept, even though it may be too late for his project, I have a number of community sites of my own that would benefit from such features (rpgresearch, syntheticzen, northwestmusictherapy, etc.). And maybe once it is working, maybe he will consider migrating over to Plone some day. Or maybe I can talk him into waiting a little longer during today's conference call. We'll see! :slight_smile:
Again, I don't have time to wade deeply into heavy coding, but bundling a package with some existing code, if I recall from the past correctly, using templates, isn't too onerous a task. Hopefully this is the right place to begin:
http://docs.plone.org/4/en/develop/addons/schema-driven-forms/creating-a-simple-form/creating-a-package.html
Thanks!

So unfortunately they dropped Plone completely from the design. He didn't like the lack of built-in features, incomplete plugins/addons, the "overly complex" approach, and the difficulties with integration of other products and sites. I'm afraid I am sorry I just wasn't adequately up to snuff in my Plone knowledge to pull it off.
Unfortunately they went with wordpress + mediawiki + nodeBB + Gluu/LDAP + custom js/jw player front-end. With that they whipped up pretty quickly a working setup (but I am concerned about the long-term consequences of the WP platform as the base).
Really wish could have made Plone at least part of infrastructure, better yet the central component. Definitely learned a lot more of Plone's capabilities and limitations over this 3 month trial. I still plan for our own community sites to continue running Plone, but those have much less complicated use cases.
Thanks to everyone that tried to help.
Cheers!

that, on the other side, shows a lot of built-in features, ready to use add-ons, simpler approach, and easier integration with other products and sites.

sorry, but I couldn't resist…

1 Like

@hvelarde,
was thinking the same thing.

I guess I don't understand then. The solution they went with also required integrating a bunch of separate things.

I agree that plumi . org is good at it