Chat & forum & Q&A services we use

On the forum landing page.

https://community.plone.org/

I assume Discourse has a configuration option to put something front and center that is not a pinned topic. If not, then a pinned topic would be good.

I would propose renaming "Using Plone" to "Support". I think it would be a more obvious name for this category's purpose. It is the de facto support channel. As an aside, I dislike being labeled a "user" or someone who is "using" because it has negative connotations.

I would also change the pinned topic title and content for this category. The title, "About the Using Plone", is grammatically clumsy. Its content does not mention that this is the de facto category to get help with Plone. This pinned topic should include a link back to
Support.

A couple more requests:

• I much prefer the Categories page as the home page over the topic list view. Category view is the default for Ubuntu and many other Discourse forums. It is easier to navigate than an infinite scroll of latest topics.
  • Lastly, the link to the Plone Foundation CoC is at the bottom of an infinite scroll. That should be easier to reach.

This is what prompted my response:

1 Like