CastleCMS features for Plone

Here is the Volto part of the story: we kind of re-imagined the whole content creation story in Volto. There are no default pages any longer and Albert came up with a new way of creating content and blocks (which we implemented in Volto). Victor and I talked about this in Ferrara and I will try to write a blogpost about it.

Page templates/layouts are definitely on our todo list in the long run and I think Albert got mocks for that as well (you click on the "+" symbol and then instead of page types it shows you a list of page templates you can choose from), so rather similar to what is discussed here. I think Volto is already a lot closer to CastleCMS than classic Plone.

Though, our main focus is to finish the functionality that we already have and finish Volto 4 / Plone 6. We have to go step-by-step and got approval by the Framework Team for every change at the end.

Albert is the team lead of the Plone UX team, so he is the right person to talk to about UX issues and proposals (or Victor who is our connection to him).

Apart from that, we have to make a decision how to handle non-Volto PLIPs for Plone 6. For instance if PLIPs need to be implemented for the classic UI and Volto or not. This is something we have to discuss and decide in the Framework Team I guess.