[Solved] Carousel with Plone 5.2

I'd like to add a Carousel to a Plone 5.2 site. The only information I've found is Slidehows and carousels — Plone Documentation v5.2 but this seems to be outdated since it advises Products.Carousel which requires Products.Archetypes (“ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'Products.Archetypes'”), the latter being “Python 2 only”.

Thanks for providing any information about Carousel for Plone 5.2 sites.

You could take a look at GitHub - collective/collective.behavior.banner: Add banners and create slider/carousel from banners

I followed the instructions here and I can indeed add banners, thanks! (I'm not sure I have to follow “Enable the behavior by hand or [...]” on the page GitHub - collective/collective.behavior.banner: Add banners and create slider/carousel from banners).

OK, the Banners Titles and Banners Texts indeed appear (with the specified “Fontcolor on the teaser”) on the front page, but that's not the case for some of the elements specified on the banners pages (e.g. on .../banners/one/edit#autotoc-item-autotoc-4):

• the images specified don't appear (and the “Banner Image” fields are empty), neither on the banners pages nor on the front page,
  • the “Background color” appears on the Banner page, but not on the front page.

Am I missing something?

Did you enable the slider behavior on your content and select the banners that it will display?

It's been a while since I used that package, I remember that it was working for me. Since I needed some additional features, I ended up extending it, as can be seen here: http://www.pnz.de Both the main slider and the carousel in the mega menu are using this package.

I guess so: as advised here, I:

Wow! Very, very nice!

Are the javascript and css bundle properly registered and compiled?
https://localhost:8080/Plone/@@resourceregistry-controlpanel

Thanks @mtrebron! Well, I guess the javascript and css bundle are properly registered and compiled. Indeed, a good and a bad news:

• the images are visible,
  • the images are not visible, at least not with all browsers. For instance, they are visible with Chromium 105.0.5195.102 (that I almost never use), they are not visible with Firefox 105.0.1 (64 bits), even after a clear cache.

Sorry to not have check earlier with other browsers but I never imagined that this could happen...

Do you know how to debug such an issue?

I would start by checking it the images are actually loading in the first place, using the network tab in FF Developer Tools. If they are, then maybe some JS errors, or CSS styling issues.

Looks like the issues are related to a specific setup though...

Sigh... it was just a matter of an ad blocker which prevented the images to be displayed.

Very sorry for the noise and thanks again, @mtrebron!