Add-on listing for Plone.org

Hi @tkimnguyen @djay. Thanks for the response. I went through the above discussion and related discussions at site about add-ons it really confusing · Issue #178 · plone/ploneorg.core · GitHub , Plone.org add-on listing , Paragon vs ploneawesome - #23 by hvelarde .

Here is what I have understood about the idea so far, Please correct me if I am wrong.

1. The purpose of ploneorg.addonlisting is to create add-on listings for Plone.org in a visually engaging manner. Allow highlighting of curated add-ons(editor's choice) , simpler/cleaner descriptions of add-ons with relevant tags,version compatibility, and automated retrieval of data from pypi.python.org, sort by rating/recommendation.
    Initial version of this at GitHub - plone/ploneorg.addonlisting: Add-on listing for Plone.org
    2)In order to get data about the installations of the addons, compatible versions and other such data, a zmi script can be invoked by the admin. It would send POST data to the Plone.org.
    3)Some examples for inspiration that were referred in the above mentioned discussions were Extending Pyramid, Odoo Apps | Odoo Apps Store.

I have a few doubts, though.

1. Where can I learn more about zmi python scripting in Plone?
    2)When and how would the admin be invited/ reminded to invoke the script?
    3)To quote from the discussion at Plone.org add-on listing - #5 by zopyx,

would the script help in getting these extra statistics/data as well?

I have started to read through the code for ploneorg.addonlisting at GitHub - plone/ploneorg.addonlisting: Add-on listing for Plone.org . Any suggestions on what to do next?

1 Like