The Launch Team is a meta team coordinating the Plone 5 version release as a full product.
Attending: Armin Stroß-Radschinski, Paul Roeland, Christina McNeill, Philip Bauer, Steve McMahon, Brian Ledwell, Beth Jolin, Kim Nguyen
- Review of notes from last meeting
- Action items
- Paragon voting spreadsheet has been created and circulated among the jury.
- Private issue tracker created https://github.com/plone/launch-team/issues
- Design and a marketing campagn are our most urgent needs
- New items
- Plone 5 visuals team (Brian, Armin, Beth, others)
Next meeting proposed in two weeks: July 23, 2015 11 am - 1 pm UTC-5
- Will become main focus of Comm/Mkt team: next meeting, tomorrow (Fri); will update team on ideas thus far
- Need to get team members added to GitHub issue tracker
Installers: (Sven, Steve)
- Sven has made much progress on Virtualbox eval
- This will work on Windows
Framework team (Eric):
- (Eric couldn’t attend).
- Next beta release?
- Yesterday’s framework team meeting minutes were posted to Framework team meeting minutes - 2015-07-07
- (Sven couldn’t attend).
- Paul: will need a sprint to finish, will sprint in Arnhem but will need a bigger one in the summer somewhere.
- Philip: P5 theming sprint in Munich later this summer.
- No new information. Work is (slowly) continuing.
- Will need a P5 landing page / marketing team to take on.
- created voting spreadsheet. Aiming to have detailed evaluations by early August.
- need new Plone.com demo link to new demo site (need an issue for this).
- Philip: sprint in Munich to create a new version of demo.plone.de (P5).
PloneFormGen for P5 (Steve)
- making good progress. Alpha release. 1.8.0a.
- Philip: need a migration path to Dexterity-based PFG.
Plone 5 visuals. Armin, Beth, Brian.
- Discussion around Irene’s EuroPython poster design for 2015. Food metaphor is nice. Is it globally recognized? Cooking competitions.
- We do need something to begin a P5 awareness campaign soon, ie. in August. We are not rebranding Plone; just indicating Plone’s activity and the new version coming out.
- Armin: we will develop tag lines matched with key visuals
- Philip: we should focus this launch campaign on the new features of P5.
- Steve: at least for a US audience we also want to re-introduce Plone.
- Kim: visuals will appear in press releases, Plone.com landing page, Plone.org news items, documentation and guides.
- Paul: visuals should be web focused, should work in small formats. Small, simple, printable on small things as side pictures, e.g. blog posts.
- Steve: Calvin’s PyCon presentation has the 5 strengths of Plone: https://us.pycon.org/2015/schedule/presentation/429/
- organize meeting for Armin, Beth, Brian, possibly Irene
- design visuals for each category