Plone 6 Roadmap?

I didn't want to have this argument again but you asked for it:

it's totally unfair to insinuate that we are not giving constructive feedback or that we're doing nothing to fix the state of things.

I pointed out the need of an updated roadmap two years ago; I opened dozens of bug reports related to Plone 5 about regressions on the toolbar, the resource registries, plone.app.contenttypes and many other things.

as per the Kübler-Ross model, bug reports were first denied and then I was labeled an old-fashioned who didn't want to understand the new and cool way of doing things; slowly some of them have been openly recognized and accepted; sadly, few of them are fixed.

and of course I want to fix those things, if only I have time, resources or money I already had addressed most of them! do you think I don't want to use Plone 5 and share the pride with my customers and colleagues? I want, but I can't if I'm not convinced… and I'm not.

Andreas, BTW, is not doing "some heavy duty programming", he is doing very simple stuff like adding an icon to a content type or some static resources to an add-on, and that's exactly why he's so pissed off.

we are now 5 maintenance releases after Plone 5 and we continue to have such issues; every time I read the answers to some Plone 5 problems I see a community that is always willing to help, but almost never to stop and think why those problems are there in the first place.

some people continue denying the problems and just want to keep moving parts and breaking things down, again… just because it seems to be cool.

sorry guys, but it's time to stop and think about some decisions and technology choices we made in the past for the sake of Plone.

nevertheless there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel: Nathan's new toolbar and Asko's experiments seem to me pointed into the right direction.

https://www.nathanvangheem.com/image-repository/screen-shot-2016-07-23-at-1-26-24-pm.png/@@images/68db579d-9eea-4edd-8133-e63ce9c86831.png