Buschenschanksprint 2018 - 11.6-15.6.2018

The Buschenschanksprint happens again from 11th to 15th June 2018 in Berghausen in Southern Styria, Austria.

When: June 11. - 15. 2018.
What: Plone, Zope, Python, JavaScript and general web development sprint
Where: Graßnitzberg in Berghausen, 8471 Spielfeld, Austria, Europe.
Map: Google Google Maps - OpenStreetMap: OpenStreetMap
Contact phone: +43 660 7730200
Hashtag / Abbr: bssp

This is the fifth Buschenschanksprint in the middle of the beautiful "Südsteirische Weinstraße".
We will sprint on a beautiful spot at a old wineyard house.
There are lots of possibilities to hike, so bring your trekking shoues!
Nearby there are quite a few Buschenschänken where we can have a good Brettljause and a good glass of wine.

Buschenschank

A "Buschenschank" is something like a wine tavern, run by farmers who offer their own wine and cold plates. It's the South-Austrian aequivalent of North-Austrian "Heurige".

Accommodation

Accommodation is provided on-site for 8 persons.
More information about the location is available here (in German): https://listwein.at/ferienwohnungen/

There are plenty of other options around. Try booking.com, FeWo Direkt or AirBNB.

Please be aware that public transport is limited in this area.

Location and Travel

By train:

You can get to the location easily by train from Graz or Maribor (Slovenia) - the train stop is called "Spielfeld". Search for somewhere to "Spielfeld" here: http://fahrplan.oebb.at/. I will pick up people from the train station by car.

By Air:

Graz and Maribor both have Airports with international connections (20-30 min train ride to Spielfeld).
The Vienna International Airport has good train connections to Graz or Spielfeld with a 2,5hrs train ride.

By Car:

Exit Spielfeld on the highway and follow your navigation device.

Costs

• 35€ / Person and day: Accomodation on site (as long as available), basic food and beverages including wine from our never drying fount of wine.
  • 10€ / Person and day: Basic food and beverages including wine from our never drying fount of wine.

Topics

We want to focus on these topics:

• Plone on Python 3.
  • Zope 4.
  • JavaScript and Plone (plone.restapi, Mockup, ReactJS).
  • YAFOWIL Plone integration, Python 3.
  • Submit your own! Add it to: Etherpad Mozilla

Participants

Please add your name to: Etherpad Mozilla

Previous BSSPs

8 Likes

@thet you wrote that the onside accomodation is for 8 people, on the list in the pad we are already 10 with onside marked, can you please check this and maybe confim who can stay onside.

I'm looking forward to see you guys soon.

@MrTango and all, we have a extra camp bed, which I will use. So there is currently enough room for all participants (please note that there are no single-bed rooms.).
If more people are attending other accommodation have to be organized by themselves - or come with a tent! (I myself think of using one, actually).

If you are organizing a off-site accommodation: There are plenty of options around. The thing to consider is that there is poor public transport - so try to organize something not far away. Get in contact if you need help.

2 Likes

Culinary program Update:

The sprint report: This was the Buschenschanksprint 2018!

1 Like